Apparently when it rains it pours, at least for me right now. Last Friday when I went to the Dr. and was put on antibiotics for a UTI I thought this nightmare would be over. Sat. I went to a gathering at my in-laws house and that night I felt like something was moving into my chest. I started coughing and by the next morning my voice was so scratchy and deep I sounded like a man. Perfect! That night I had a full blown cold. On Tues. I talked to my Dr. and they informed me that I did not have a UTI, and needed to go see a Urologist and have them rule out bladder cancer. WHAT!?! This is crazy. I got into the Dr. on Wed. and the Urologist assured me that I have such low risk factors for bladder cancer that I shouldn't worry, but I could have kidney or bladder stones. I could handle that over bladder cancer. So that afternoon I had a CT of my pelvis, where they put dye into my blood stream through an IV. The tech explained that I would feel warmth moving through my body and I might feel that I was going to wet my pants, and that I would have a funny taste in my mouth. All which happened. (No, I didn't wet my pants, it just felt like it.) Anyways, after waiting for results the urologist called me Fri. afternoon to tell me I have 3 kidney stones in my right kidney. What a sigh of relief that it's not bladder cancer. Monday I will go in and discuss what to do to rid my body of these stones. I also get to have a peek inside my bladder with a microscopic camera just to make sure everything is fine, should be fun! I will let everyone know the results when I get them because I'm sure your all dying to know.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
are you ever healthy? just curious :)?!
Good luck, Desiree ! My sister has been having pain in her ribs for the last several months while she has been pregnant. She had the baby 3 weeks ago and the pain has steadily increased. It got so bad that she was having a hard time breathing because it hurt so much, so they went to the ER today. They have admitted her into the hospital and she will have her gall bladder out tomorrow due to the gall stones that won't pass. GOOD LUCK ! If you need anything, let me know.
I am NEVER this sick. I don't know what has happened to me! :) Scary about your sister Carrie, I hope she is ok, keep me posted!
shoot des! that sucks!! i hope you feel better. hope to see you soon!
WOW. Hope you feel better soon!
I so want to cry for you right now. There is nothing else to say but "That Sucks!". Let me know if I can do anything for you. Good Luck.
oh my. You poor thing. I hope that you start feeling better soon. Hang in there.
I'm so sorry you're sick but I'm so glad they ruled out cancer. How scary! Hope you feel better soon. We'd love to have you guys over one of these days!
YIKES! Glad it's not cancer, but still sucks! Hope they come up with a quick and easy solution -you deserve it! :)
Hang in there, it got to get better soon!
What cute socks you make - love them! Hope you are feeling better these days too. Are you ready for Thanksgiving? =)
You have been awarded a blog award - you have to read more about it on my web site =)
Post a Comment