Yesterday I checked into Overlake hospital for a Lithotripsy or shock wave therapy. It started out with some entertainment from the two nurses getting me settled. I could tell they did not get along, and so I just smiled and observed, it was pretty funny. Then after my IV was put in and they took some blood the anesthesiologist came in with some "happy juice" as he called it. I said bye to Justin, and before I was even out of my room I noticed I was already flying, and that was all I remember. Then I woke up, and it was all done. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My biggest fear was being put out and not waking up. Even the night before when I put Kyleigh and Evan to bed I got a little emotional, I know I'm paranoid. So now I get to catch the stones and save them in a container to bring back to the Dr. next week, that's really exciting. I just have a small bruise on my back, and the only thing that really hurts today is my Kidney and back. So life will soon be back to normal, and I just want to thank everyone for your calls, and prayer on my behalf, I really appreciate it. Also thanks to my mom and dad, and to my in-laws for watching my kids, and feeding us. Hopefully we will never have to go through this again!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
It was scary for us too and we were so happy to see you walking and talking again, even if you were pretty pale!
We loved watching the kids!
I hope you get back to feeling "normal" quickly !! Glad to hear the procedure wasn't as bad as you had feared !
I'm glad that is over for you, and you can hopefully get back to feeling better. Don't feel too paranoid, having to be put under for my d/e after my miscarriage was the scariest thing I have ever done. I also was so afraid of not waking up. I made myself feel better by convincing myself it was normal to feel that way.
I'm so glad it all went well! Your fears are totally normal!! Hopefully you'll be back to your old self again and we can get together!!! Call me if you need anything.
I'm glad everything went well! Love ya!
Post a Comment