Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tippy!




Yesterday was not a very good day for us since we had to put our dog down. She was 15 years old, and she was blind and deaf, and I'm sure she was miserable. She was having accidents at my mom's house on a regular basis, and we just knew it was time. I was upset, but at the same time pretty comfortable with what we had to do. So my mom watched the kids while Justin and I brought Tippy to the vet. On our way to my mom's we tried to prep Kyleigh as to what was going to happen. We explained that Tippy was old, blind, deaf, etc. Then we talked about Tippy going to Heaven and that she would be with Grampy (Kyleigh and Evan's Great Grandpa they both met and spent time with.) What was Kyleigh's reaction? "Can I play with grandma's toys?" I'm glad that she didn't take it as hard as I thought. When we got to my mom's Kyleigh walked in and said, "Grandma, Tippy is going to Heaven today." After we took some pictures and said our goodbyes, we left. The vet was really nice, and Tippy was gone before he had even given her all the medicine. It was very calm, except for me blubbering all over her. When we got home Kyleigh asked if Tippy was in Heaven and we said yes. She said that Jesus is petting her, as well as Grampy. Now it's going to take some time going to my parents house and not seeing her, but I know we did the right thing, and that she is in a better place. I do have other pics of her as a younger dog, but I didn't have a digital camera then, and I don't have a scanner, so these are the best I can do!

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Such a hard thing to do, but leave it to little children to put it into perspective!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry Desiree. Even though it was the right time for her, it still hurts. Thanks for sharing.