For all those inquiring minds just a little update on my Kidneys. After my appointment was cancelled to get my stent out because of the snow, I was rescheduled for Christmas Eve. In my x-ray along the stent was a trail of stones that had not yet passed, and my stent had actually fallen out of my kidney and was twisted around in my bladder. (If you want to stop reading it's just fine.) My Dr. was shocked that it had come out. She asked me if I was in any pain, not much, just felt like I had a bladder infection. :) We next discussed my future. Since I had three rather large stones, I am high risk for getting them again. Great, thanks dad! (Gotta love genetics) Anyways, I get to stop eating certain foods, chocolate being on of them...hello holiday's. I also get to drink massive amounts of water for the rest of my life. I know it will be good for me in the long run, it's just hard to drink that much water for me. Good news, if I decide to eat foods on the bad list I just have to drink more water. So I get the stent out, and by the weekend my kidneys not feeling so well, and again the bladder infection feeling is back. The pain wasn't to bad, just uncomfortable. On Monday I go in for another x-ray and back to her office and what does she see on the x-ray. A blockage of stones! She told me I must have high pain tolerance because grown men would be crawling into her office in pain. I'm glad to know I can handle it. So what does this blockage mean? Surgery again the next day. So off to the hospital again, where they knock me out, unclog the stones and lasered more just to make sure they wouldn't get stuck. On Tuesday I go in and get my second stent out which I'm positive has stayed in since I can feel it in my kidney. Hopefully everything has passed and this problem will be gone FOREVER! I know this was a lot of info. but this blogging thing is a great journal!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
CHOCOLATE!!!!! NOOO CHOCOLATE!! You are a brave, brave woman. :)
Holy Cow! That sounds awful, I'm so sorry you have had to go through all of that. They thought I might have kidney stones at the end of my last pregnancy and I was super stressed about it. Hopefully things improve soon for you!
The Stokes
I'm sooo sorry you've had such a hard time. I really hope you are feeling better soon. My doctor told me last week, no chocolate too. It has something in it that's bad for whatever is wrong with me. Truly it didn't bother me at all, I'm not much of a chocolate eater, but now that I'm not supposed to have it... I'm realizing, I really like hot chocolate, chocolate milk, and every once in a while, brownies. Dang!
Desiree...you are one of the bravest and most patient women I have ever known! So glad this long ordeal is nearly over!
PS I'll eat your portion of choclate for you!:)
Post a Comment