Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What were we thinking!


So Justin's parents came over today so we could can some peaches. Yum! So we have 3 boxes to can, but as we are working through the boxes we think, is this worth it? Besides, we are almost out of jars anyway. We have just put a dent in the third box and we already had 30 jars between us. So we called it a night, and we will hopefully find something to do with the rest. As my in-laws were leaving we picked up a box and what was underneath, more jars! Oh well, now we have plenty of jars for pears and applesauce.

I'm so grateful that my mother-in-law can come over and can with me, since I still don't know what I'm doing. We had a great time, and it was well worth it in the end.

8 comments:

Carly said...

WOW, very impressive! You'll find me at Costco, I'm so lame at most everything! And after seeing what my mom went through when we were little, I vowed never to can. Way to keep up the tradition!

Tim and Lisa said...

great job. I can't figure it out.

melissa g said...

Hard work, but I bet they taste yummy!

Unknown said...

Chandra and I took a crack at the canning this year too! We did peaches and pears- YUM! Miss you guys!!

Miss Kelli said...

Well I wish I could have come over!! I have been wanting to can but I never have so I am too scared to try! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Maybe I will be brave and try it this week!

Shannon said...

Nice job Desiree! I'm thinking about doing applesauce. Maybe you can come over and we can do it together. I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

ooohh...fun!! I made applesauce and strawberry jam this year, but have never canned anything. way to go!

Trudy said...

I love how all thses beautiful jars of canned fruit are showing up on the family blogs!
Love,
Mom Lothyan