So my hubby has to qualify with a hand gun for work, so what does that mean...time at the gun range. He invites his brother and dad and thinks it would be a great idea if I went too. Me, are you kidding?! So yesterday it's off to the range we go. It's loud and cold, and I'm thinking what have I done, this is crazy. Oh well, I can act calm, there are guys everywhere I don't want them to think, what's she doing here. Anyways, I say I want to shoot at mullet man (sort of a Dog the Bounty Hunter look alike). So they start loading their guns and begin warming up. Did you know that a ball of fire comes out of the gun with each shot? I didn't. Standing next to someone else you can feel the shock from the gun. I was TERRIFIED. My hubby says it's my turn. I walk up, a tear or two came to my eyes, I couldn't do it, it was so scary. I can handle a shotgun, but a handgun was so different to me. I took a step back and watched. Finally I went up to try again. As I held the gun I slowly, by slowly I mean I took about 5 min., pulled the trigger. I hear my bro-in-law say, "You hit it!" I hit inside the black circle on the target. I'm done, I didn't like it. I hand the gun back to my hubby, and off I go inside to comfort myself with some peanut butter cups, where it's warm, an not so loud. I give props to everyone who enjoys shooting handguns, me not so much. I will leave that to my hubby!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
You are so brave! More than I could have done!
Des,
I am so glad that you have a blog! Your kids are darling.
I am so there with you on that one!!! Mike has been trying to get me to go shooting with him for 5 years now and I am too freaked out...I just can't do it! I bought him a gun for Christmas last year and I was scared just being in the gun store!
and that's no joke!
Post a Comment