We have three apple trees in our backyard, and we were looking forward to making applesauce this year with them. We picked two boxes full, and the trees were still full of apples. I just couldn't stand to let them go to waste, so I have started dehydrating them. YUM! I can't keep up because we eat them so fast. So today Justin and I decided to make our applesauce before he left for work. Let's just say, we got started and finished one batch when he had to get ready and leave. So, Kyleigh gets to watch LOTS of TV today,(I already received my mother of the year award!) and Evan gets to eat a lot of crackers and spend lots of time in his highchair. Evan crying, and Kyleigh zoned out to the tube, I'm trying to cook the apples, strain them, add the cinnamon and sugar, put them in the jars, and then can them by myself. Evan NEEDS to be held, so he go for a ride on my hip as I strain the apples. My kitchen is a disaster, but finally I finished. I even have spare apples to dehydrate, applesauce left over because I ran out of jars, so now I'm trying to make apple fruit leather. I don't know what has gotten in to me, but I think I'm almost appled out!
Monday, October 6, 2008
When you have apples...
Posted by Desiree at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Way to go. You are wonderful!
WOW! You are brave! They look beautiful and yummy though.
That is hilarious...This picture you paint is all too familiar! I did apple sauces this week too! I did have my mom and one friend though! After a few hours though we still had apples and I am dreading round two for some reason. Tomorrow we do pears :)! Wish me luck...
Post a Comment