Monday, October 20, 2008

Strep throat!

So I went to bed Sat. night not feeling so good, but just thought I was getting a cold nothing more. In the night I was FREEZING, but sweating, so I thought maybe the flu or a really bad cold. I woke up on Sunday and my throat hurt so bad, not on fire hurt, but sore hurt. All of my joints ached especially my neck. I asked Justin to look at my throat and his reaction was, "uh, you have strep throat." Great, so now I have to miss church again for my 5th week in a row, nope not inactive just sicks kids and conference. So I go to the walk in clinic and sure enough strep throat. I beg Justin not to go to work so he could watch the kids. I'm contagious for 24hrs. so I don't get anyone sick, if I haven't already (sorry Lothyan family, I really didn't feel bad when I was at the party.) I'm upstairs, but I can't sleep because I am so achey. Justin walks in after about an hour and says, "sorry, but we have a problem." In comes a somber Kyleigh. Justin tells me that as he was putting Evan down for his nap Kyleigh kept coming in the room being noisy, so he asked her to go downstairs for just a minute. When he came downstairs what did he find?

Kyleigh had drawn a beautiful picture on the wall, lovely. Then Justin tells me that before this happened, he was "laying" on the couch and Kyleigh yells to daddy that Evan is getting it. Justin jumps up to find Evan digging into Kyleigh's tomato plant with dirt all over the floor. (It's inside so I doesn't freeze outside). Anyways, he cleaned that up. I told him next time to take a picture first for our blog, he didn't think that was very funny. We all know that this stuff happens to everyone...right? Needless to say Justin wasn't complaining when he walked out the door for work today. Thanks Justin for watching the kids, making dinner, cleaning up, and most of all letting me rest, you are the best.

4 comments:

Carly said...

But it is a beautiful picture :) I'm sorry you got sick! YUCK! It's nice that Justin could stay and help out, he got a taste of what stay at home mom's go through all day! Hope you're feeling better!!

Tim and Lisa said...

HAHA, I love it. I hope you are feeling better. And I love that you wanted a picture before the mess gets cleaned up. We do the same thing.

Kim said...

I am so sorry, I totally feel your pain.
P.S. I just tagged you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Ya, I am pretty sure this DOES happen to everyone...it totally stinks!!
But cute pics from the pumpkin patch so I will assume you are feeling much better...And no body else got it?!